Creative Estuary: co-commission in Thurrock
Our friends at Creative Estuary are seeking a lead organisation to deliver a co-commission in Grays, Essex. This is a great opportunity for creative organisations based in Thurrock or with a connection to the area to lead on an exciting project in the area.
At the heart of the co-commission is the desire to generate opportunities for creative practitioners living in South Essex. In addition, the co-commission should benefit the lead organisation, for example:
- Broker new partnerships (between cultural and community organisations and businesses)
- Explore new ways of working (innovation, technology)
- Increase ambition and scale
- Find new audiences
- Deliver in alternative places and spaces (public realm, heritage sites, meanwhile use)
Examples could be: several new commissions sited in an area / a collective exhibition / a performance that could travel between venues / a festival of programmed activity. Whilst we are commissioning a lead organisation, we are looking for an activity that promotes collectivism and enables and strengthens creative practitioners to produce new work and make new connections. We anticipate that the outputs should be free to access for the public.
- Application deadline – 7 December 2022
- Interviews – w/c 12 December 2022
- Appointment – January 2023
- Delivery – Spring 2023
For details about how to apply visit https://www.creativeestuary.com